0

Farmers Markets and Unitaskers

No recipe in this post. I just wanted to open a little discussion on local produce and a recent shopping trip of mine. Farms are very common staples out here in PA but farmers markets seem to be few and far between with the two closest being held on the Saturday at the same time, making it impossible to attend both for a full local stock-up of fruits and veggies. I have been scouring the web for an alternative but it seems I am one season to late and most of the "pick-your-own" farms have closed down for the winter. There is a small farm stand out near my partner's school that I might have to investigate, they sell a lot of potted plants and not much fruit, but I'll give it a shot sometime this week.

I finally redeemed a gift card for an online culinary store that I recieved two christmas' ago. I had $30 to spend and I bought a ravioli press, a candy/frying thermometer (with a clip), and a steel ring mold. I know, I know, I could have bought something I needed like a rolling pin or a baking sheet. I honestly wanted to but I feel like, at least with the rolling pin, I would need to get my hands on it and make sure it will work for me. Plus I have a problem with impulse buying random unitaskers that I may never use but tell myself I will use on a regular basis (like the ice cream machine). Anyways, it should all be here in the next couple of days and I can't wait to make homemade ravioli and mini stacked...stuff!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment